Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Goth Challenge Day 3 – When did you come out of the Goth closet? (If you didn't then simply discuss the topic)



Hello Darlings!

Are you excited that it's almost the weekend? Halloween is a week away, how exciting!
I've thought about what I wanted to be for this year and decided I would just be a skeleton and wear that skeleton t-shirt I bleached.
 --> http://www.bootstompingbanshee.blogspot.com/2012/10/shirt-part-ii-angry-lady.html

Not very exciting I know but for some reason I'm not really in the mood to get all dressed up this year. Leave me a comment on what you've decided to be, I'd love to hear what ooky-spooky costumes you are going to be terrorizing the kiddies with! ;)

sciencefictionally.tumblr.com?


Ok, so let's get on with post 3 of the goth challenge. What'dya say?

When did you come out of the Goth closet? (If you didn't then simply discuss the topic)

When did I come out? Hm. Well I attempted to come out once, maybe five years ago? It didn't go so well. After I decided that I was just going to do whatever made me happy and if those around me didn't understand after talking to me about it, well, there was nothing more I could do.

I believe I tried to come out of the 'goth closet' in high school. This was during my mall goth phase. My family was always very vocal about what I wore. "You don't need combat boots!" "Why are you wearing black polish? "Take off those ugly lace glovelets!" ALWAYS something. Personally I think my ears are still healing from being talked off back in those days.

I remember being very diplomatic about the whole ordeal. I made my mom and myself a cup of tea, tried to sit down at the table and just talk. Yeah, that went well. Not. I was seen as a child making irrational, ugly decisions about my appearance and embarrassing the whole family while I was at it. Encouraging, accepting words right? x)

It was really degrading to be honest. I thought I looked pretty and was really showing my true self, so to be told otherwise and have my emerging sense of identity scoffed at was a blow.

Does anyone know the link to this? Saw it on tumblr.

Nowadays I'm a tough ol' bird and whenever someone says something about me I just smirk and stare at them with a look that says, "I don't remember asking you." Plus it amuses me to no end to think that this stranger is so egotistic that they believe their opinion should matter AT ALL.


The last time I checked opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and quite frankly they reek!

Alright darlings, I'm out of here. I have to get up at four in the morning to be on the road for my college visit. The town is a hour ahead of me time wise and it's a two hour drive. Wish me luck. :)
If not, I hope to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa and not screaming in terror like his passengers in the backseat. That's right, a car joke. It's pretty funny right? huh, huh? :D

No, I know car crashes are nothing to laugh about. My cousin almost died in one many years ago, as well as my dad. So please everyone always put your safety first and keep your attention on the road at all times.

Much Love,

Lady.
http://mitakashika.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48

No comments:

Post a Comment