Thursday, September 27, 2012

Desserts and a homemade healthy snack



Hello Darlings!

How is everyone's week going so far? Mine has been decent enough.

I had another lunch date, I guess I'm quite popular, or my family doesn't trust me and they're always checking up on me. The former is probably the true story.

Anyways I got to decide where we ate, I chose Thai, I LOVE Thai food. <3

It's a little place called No Thai. and I had the spicy Pad Seeyu which is a "wide rice noodles with broccoli, sprouts and egg in a special mushroom soy sauce." along with the Thai iced tea.

Heavenly! I haven't had Thai (well good Thai in a very long time.)


image

After that we went to a Middle Eastern bakery for a piece of dessert. Or two. I bought the namoura and an apricot and pear square.
The super sweet Namoura!

Apricot Pear Square
 See?? How could I choose just one? They were both very sweet but light and fruity. I would suggest them with a cup of hot black tea as a taste neutralizer of sorts. I shared them with my grandparents and even cut into thirds it was a sugar coma. My sweet tooth has been thoroughly satisfied. :)
My spicy oven baked chick peas :)
So, onto the healthy snack recipe I wanted to pass along. Any chick pea likers out there? Well, I like them. I like them even better this way. If anyone would like the exact recipe I will post it, but to keep it short you take a can of chick peas, chili powder, curry powder, a tsp of virgin olive oil with other herbs and spices all combined and put on a foiled baking sheet for 45 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Voila! You now have spicy oven baked crunchy chick peas. I'm actually thinking about making another batch. They go that fast.

Healthy snacks aside I think another outing is planned for tomorrow so there will be more photos on the way. I always forget my camera. I'm working on remembering so I can take pictures for this blog. Describing is not always better than just plain showing.

TGIAF darlings.
http://mitakashika.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48


No comments:

Post a Comment